Definitions and Interpretation
(a) Domain means https://www.forgetspecs.com.
(b) Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(i) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(ii) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.User means a user of the Website.
(c) Product means any product or service provided by FORGETSPECS PTY LTD through the Website.
(d) User or you means a user of the Website including without limitation any person that:
(i) views the Website in a browser;
(ii) submits any information to an User Account;
(iii) submits any information to the Website, through use of an enquiry form, or otherwise;
(iv) signs up for an account with the Website;
(v) contracts for payment for Services using the Website;
(vi) conducts any other type of transaction on the Website. User Account means a User account on the Website that has user credentials such as a login and password;
(e) Website means the software platform offered by FORGETSPECS PTY LTD through the Domain
How we collect information
8. We collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device when you:
(a) navigate to the Domain, or any related pages with web browser;
(b) submit any information using an enquiry form or by any other method provided on the Website;
(c) access an User Account; or
(d) otherwise use the Website to obtain Products from us.
Information that we collect
9. The information sent to us may include data on the pages you access, device identifiers, your location, standard web log data, transaction data, and other information as described in paragraphs 10 through 15.
10. Web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from any User Account.
11. Transaction data includes:
(a) data relating to the activities relating to your User Account, or
(b) details relating to any communication otherwise completed by, or in relation to, you through the Website.
12. If you create a User Account on the Website or submit information using a form on the Website, we may collect the following types of information:
(a) contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information;
(b) detailed Personal Information, such as your date of birth or other personal identifiers;
(c) any other information that we request at the relevant time about your use, or intended use, of our Products.
13. We may also obtain any information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus, Payment Processors, and identity verification services.
14. In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your Personal Information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with any User Account or the Website. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
15. We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through our support team, results when you respond to a survey or poll, and from interactions with any other person through the Website or a User Account.
(a) identify you as a User;
(b) enable functionality on and to customise the Website and related content;
(c) measure promotional effectiveness;
(d) mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and
(e) to promote trust and safety with our Users and the Website.
17. We may use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your User Account or close your browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
18. We may encode our Cookies so that we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of your User Account or the Website.
19. You may encounter Cookies on websites that we do not control. For example, if you access a third party website through your User Account, there may be a Cookie placed by the web page or an application within it.
How we protect and store Personal Information
21. We store and process your Personal Information on our computers Queensland, Australia and globally. Information stored on our servers outside Australia may be in other countries where the laws on processing Personal Information may be less stringent than in your country.
How we use the Personal Information we collect
22. Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you and each other User with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your Personal Information to:
(a) provide the Website, ourProducts, and customer support;
(b) resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
(c) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms and conditions;
(d) customise, measure, and improve the Website and the content, layout, and operation of User Accounts;
(e) contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS), or email messaging, unless we agree otherwise in our terms and conditions; or
(f) compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
23. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
24. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise the Website, content, and advertising.
25. We may use your information to provide you with news, updates, promotions, marketing and other advertisements in relation to our Products.
26. If you do not wish to receive marketing communication from us, outside of the Website then you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe or opt-out feature contained in the communication that we send to you. You cannot opt-out of system messages that relate to your User Account and use of the Website.
27. Information generated by the Website, which includes data relating to your use of the Website, is used by us for our internal development purposes; such information does not contain any Personal Information of any User.
How we share Personal Information with other parties
28. We may share your Personal Information with the following persons, or classes of persons.
(a) Members of our corporate group.
(b) Licensors of technologies that we have rights to use, but only to the extent contemplated by the terms of the licence, or otherwise required by law.
(c) Service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, shipping and transport, and technology services.
(e) Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirements applicable to FORGETSPECS PTY LTD or one of its affiliates.
(f) To law enforcement agencies, or contracted investigators, when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our terms and conditions.
(g) Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
29. Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing Personal Information may be less stringent than in your country. However, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the third parties do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the Personal Information.
31. If you create an account, take membership on, or transact directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application will likely be shared with the owner of that website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and terms and conditions and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with Personal Information. FORGETSPECS PTY LTD is not responsible for the content or information practices of third parties.
How you can access or change your Personal Information
32. You can review and edit your Personal Information by logging into the Website profile settings page; or otherwise by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
Handling your complaints
34. We aim to:
(a) Acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 5 business days; and
(b) Resolve all complaints within 60 days, however, this may not be possible in all circumstances.
35. Where we cannot resolve a complaint within 60 days, we will notify you of the reason for the delay as well as an indication of when we expect to resolve the complaint.